Fall is Here!
Fall is Here!
Heating & Cooling
Whether it’s the heat from summer or the chill of winter, extreme temperatures aren’t only uncomfortable, they can be dangerous. Keep your home safe and enjoyable with equipment maintenance and repair service from the experts at A-Plus Mechanical.
Regular HVAC maintenance not only increases the reliability and efficiency of your equipment, it also extends it’s lifetime. Protect your investment with a maintenance agreement.
Indoor Air Quality
On average, people spend 90% of their time indoors but don’t know that indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than outside air. Let A-Plus Mechanical make sure the air quality in your home is what you deserve.
Founded in 1994, A-Plus Mechanical Services, Inc. is a family owned and operated business with over 65 years’ experience in the industry. It is our daily goal to provide top value with high quality personnel, equipment, installation practices, and an unsurpassed commitment to total customer satisfaction.
Our fleet of fully stocked trucks and highly trained service technicians stand by ready to serve all of your air-conditioning and heating needs. We specialize in the service and installation of residential and commercial air-conditioning and heating systems.
We also provide custom solutions for your ductwork and indoor air quality problems. Every new comfort system is designed around your needs.
"Trustworthy Air Conditioning and Heating Experts"
We love hearing from our customers! If you've had us work on your HVAC system we would love to hear from you too.
Excellent and Efficient in Copperfield, TX 77095
“Excellent, Efficient, Quality Service!”
– Loretta R.
Excellent Service in Coles Crossing, TX 77429
“The technicians were very courteous and professional… They gave a thorough explanation of what was performed and I would recommend them anytime to anyone in need of cooling or heating services… Thanks again.”
– Daryle C.
Perfection in Stone Gate, TX 77095
– Debra P.
Our Latest Article...
People spend 90% of their time indoors and indoor air can be 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has indoor air quality ranked as one of the top 5 environmental dangers. It is linked to severe asthma and allergy development in children and to heart problems and lung cancer in children and adults.
Symptoms depend on the particular contaminant and are sometimes mistaken for allergies, stress, colds or the flu.
Some of the symptoms of poor indoor air quality are:
- Watery eyes
- Upper respiratory congestion
- Nasal congestion
- Nose bleeds
- Sore throat
Poor indoor air quality can contribute to the development of or exasperate these problems:
- Lung cancer
- Chronic lung diseases
- Heart disease
- Hearing loss
Indoor air quality is affected by anything that releases gas or particles. The most common causes of poor indoor air quality are:
- Inadequate ventilation – contaminated air can’t get out, fresh air can’t get in
- Unmaintained heating and air conditioning systems
- Dampness due to floods, leaks or high humidity – creates mold and bacteria
- Occupant activities – cleaning, personal care, construction, smoking
- Combustion – burning of some form of fuel
- Old/outdated building materials – asbestos, wood treated with formaldehyde
What can you do to improve the air quality in your home?
- Use proper ventilation around fuel burning appliances like furnaces, fireplaces, ranges and heaters
- Replace and maintain the air filters in your home
- Control the moisture in your home – use a dehumidifier if necessary and clean your humidifiers and dehumidifiers regularly
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Use proper ventilation when cleaning, painting or using harsh chemical products in the home
- Test for Radon
- Don’t smoke inside
- Keep your house clean – wash bedding, use a HEPA vacuum cleaner, and leave shoes at the door
If you have any questions about the air quality in your home and how to improve it please contact us today or request service online.