Heating & Cooling
Whether it’s the heat from summer or the chill of winter, extreme temperatures aren’t only uncomfortable, they can be dangerous. Keep your home safe and enjoyable with equipment maintenance and repair service from the experts at A-Plus Mechanical.
Regular HVAC maintenance not only increases the reliability and efficiency of your equipment, it also extends its lifetime. Protect your investment with a maintenance agreement.
Indoor Air Quality
On average, people spend 90% of their time indoors but don’t know that indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than outside air. Let A-Plus Mechanical make sure the air quality in your home is what you deserve.
Founded in 1994, A-Plus Mechanical Services, Inc. is a family owned and operated business with over 65 years’ experience in the industry. It is our daily goal to provide top value with high quality personnel, equipment, installation practices, and an unsurpassed commitment to total customer satisfaction.
Our fleet of fully stocked trucks and highly trained service technicians stand by ready to serve all of your air-conditioning and heating needs. We specialize in the service and installation of residential and commercial air-conditioning and heating systems.
We also provide custom solutions for your ductwork and indoor air quality problems. Every new comfort system is designed around your needs.
"Trusted Air Conditioning and Heating Experts Since 1994"
We love hearing from our customers! If you've had us work on your HVAC system we would love to hear from you too.
Air Conditioner Installation in Cypress, TX 77070
“Replaced thermostat and tested. The technician was very polite, informative and knowledgeable. It was a very good experience.”
– Priscilla G.
Air Conditioner Maintenance in Cypress, TX 77065
“Punctual and super overall check!”
– Elionora C.
Air Conditioner Maintenance in Willowbrook, TX 77070
“Outstanding service and clear communication!”
– Bilsten M.
Our Latest Article...
As the saying goes, “Time and tide wait for no one.” Whether you’re prepared or not, the summer months and warmer weather are gone, moving aside for fall and cooler temps. That means here in Norchester you need to think about preparing your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system for fall maintenance.
Maintaining your heating and cooling equipment ensures it’ll run smoothly the way it should when you need it. Investing your time and money in these seasonal maintenance tasks goes a long way to protect both your Texas home and your HVAC investment, including your wallet. Well-running systems are more energy efficient, so they end up costing you less to run all season long.
Fall Maintenance for Your Air Conditioner
Just because you won’t be turning your air conditioner on now doesn’t mean you should forget about it til the spring and summer months. Part of protecting your home and equipment is winterizing your cooling system.
If you’ve already had your air conditioner cleaned and checked by our A-Plus Mechanical professionals before you used it this year, you can simply ask our heating and cooling professional to winterize your unit while he or she is out cleaning and checking your furnace. You can compare the maintenance checklist to what ENERGY STAR® recommends.
Things you can do yourself:
- Clean off the outside unit (condenser) from debris and dirt. If involving water in the process, be sure to switch off the unit’s power or the circuit first.
- Remove any branches, tall grass, or brush within a four-foot proximity to the unit.
- Insulate any exterior-exposed pipes with foam pipe covers, wrapping them with duct tape.
- Cover the unit with a plastic or vinyl cover. Some folks have an air-conditioner-specific cover. If you don’t, you can use a tarp. Be sure to secure the cover, in whatever form, with bungee cords or vinyl rope. Perform this step after your HVAC technician has already done his or her part in the winterization process.
Things to ask your technician to do:
- Clear drain lines and pipes to avoid having standing water in your system all winter.
- Clean the coil from dust and dirt.
- Check the refrigerant charge, belts and pulleys, and ducts.
- Clean and check the entire system if you haven’t had it done yet this year.
Fall Maintenance for Your Heating System
You should schedule your annual maintenance appointment for your heating system before you use it for the season, regardless if you have a furnace, boiler, or heat pump. This appointment shouldn’t be skipped, as keeping your heating system in good order will be sure it’s ready when you need it and keep it functioning properly throughout the season for you.
Things you can do yourself:
- Stock up and change your filters every three months, but if you have allergy issues, monthly is advised.
- Vacuum your vents to keep them clear of dust, avoiding extra filter buildup or decreased indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Things to ask your technician to do:
- Clean and check your heating system, including (depending on whether you have a furnace or boiler) all the connections, controls, sensors, drains, ignitor, ducts, pipes, burners, valves, motors, thermostat(s), and smoke/carbon-monoxide detectors, and instruct you on anything you could do between your service visits.
- Calibrate your thermostat to be sure the readings and heating are accurate.
Contact Us Today
Taking care of your HVAC system includes seasonal maintenance. With fall here in Norchester, Texas, and colder weather encroaching, it makes good sense to call one of our A-Plus Mechanical professionals at 281-970-5200 or request service online now to schedule your fall appointment. Keeping your system in good working order so it’s there when you need it is one of the things we do best!