Skip to content

Winter Is Here.

Call Our Experts Today.

A-Plus Mechanical

Founded in 1994, A-Plus Mechanical Services, Inc. is a family owned and operated business with over 65 years’ experience in the industry. It is our daily goal to provide top value with high quality personnel, equipment, installation practices, and an unsurpassed commitment to total customer satisfaction.

Our fleet of fully stocked trucks and highly trained service technicians stand by ready to serve all of your air-conditioning and heating needs. We specialize in the service and installation of residential and commercial air-conditioning and heating systems.

We also provide custom solutions for your ductwork and indoor air quality problems. Every new comfort system is designed around your needs.

A-Plus Mechanical work van parked on the street.

"Trusted Air Conditioning and Heating Experts Since 1994"

Customer Testimonials

We love hearing from our customers! If you've had us work on your HVAC system we would love to hear from you too.

Gas Furnace Repair in Jersey Village, TX 77041

“I've used A+ for several years. As always Ray arrived as scheduled, quickly sorted out the problem, and provided several options and a recommendation. Just really top flight service.”

– Ralph D.

Maintenance in Heatherwood, TX 77070

“My experience with A Plus has always been exemplary. I would highly recommend their company to anyone.”

– Jerri L.

Gas Furnace Maintenance in Cy-Fair, TX 77065

“Excellent service. Technician was prompt courteous and thorough.”

– thomas p.

Our Latest Article...

Carbon Monoxide Detector

What You Need to Know About Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

January 11, 2020

We know how serious carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is. Our A-Plus Mechanical professionals provide maintenance and service on all possible carbon-monoxide-producing appliances, as well as carbon monoxide detectors for your Cypress home and office.  

What Is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous, odorless, and tasteless gas. It’s formed by the incomplete combustion of carbon, or by the incomplete burning of natural gas and other things containing carbon. 

Many times it’s mixed with other gases you can actually detect because they emit odors. Carbon monoxide can result when you burn gasoline, kerosene, oil, propane, coal, wood, and the like. It is also a by-product of an internal combustion engine.

What Is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

When you inhale carbon monoxide, it displaces the oxygen in your blood and therefore deprives your heart, brain, and other organs of oxygen. The severity of your exposure is related to the level of carbon monoxide in the air and the duration of your exposure. If there is a large amount present, it will work very quickly, causing you to pass out or suffocate. 

A small carbon monoxide leak in your home may cause gradual and mild symptoms you may not notice until it’s too late. A larger leak, typical in more industrial environments, would cause sudden exposure, loss of muscle control, and, in some cases, death.  

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 400 people per year die of carbon monoxide poisoning, 20,000 more visit the emergency room, and 4,000 people are hospitalized.

What Are the Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning range from mild flu-like symptoms to more serious and dramatic symptoms, like loss of consciousness and breathing issues. The severity is again related to the levels and length of exposure.

Here are just some of the symptoms you could experience:

• Headache

• Dizziness

• Weakness

• Upset stomach

• Vomiting

• Chest pain

• Confusion

• Shortness of breath

• Blurred vision

• Loss of consciousness 

Carbon monoxide can be especially dangerous to those sleeping or intoxicated and for young children and elderly. It may cause death before any symptoms are noted.  

What Is a Dangerous Carbon Monoxide Level?

Most people will have no symptoms at 1 to 70 parts per million (ppm). If you have someone in your house who is more susceptible, such as someone very young or old, you may see symptoms at any level. 

But for the average person, you will not see any symptoms until the levels get above 70 ppm. A 150 to 200 ppm level will cause disorientation, unconsciousness, and death.

How Can I Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Here in Texas, there are a number of things you can do to prevent poisoning and keep the carbon monoxide levels down in your home or office:

• Be sure you operate all appliances according to the manufacturers’ guidelines and read all owner’s manuals before attempting to service or clean anything. Never service your fuel-burning appliances yourself. Have a trained professional install, service, and clean any appliances that utilize combustion of any kind.

• Have one of our professionals inspect your heating system annually, if not more, for any leaks or potential blockages, corrosion, or disconnections.  

• Never run any gasoline-powered appliance or generator in or near an enclosed space. Even with proper ventilation, carbon monoxide levels can build up rapidly and cause death or loss of consciousness. The same is true for any kind of combustible appliance, including camping stoves, gas grills, and other fuel-burning devices or equipment.

• Do not use your gas stove or other appliances to heat your home.

• Never leave your car running in the garage, even with the garage door open.

• Install a carbon monoxide detector. A carbon monoxide detector or alarm is a device that measures the level of carbon monoxide in the air and alerts you when levels reach too high. Although this is not a substitute for proper carbon monoxide safety procedures, this can aid in your protection. Install an alarm near any area where people sleep in your home. People who are sleeping are often the most at risk of death. They can breathe in lethal doses of carbon monoxide before they would ever wake up and exhibit symptoms.  

Call Us to Help You With Carbon Monoxide Detection

At A-Plus Mechanical, we want to help keep you safe from carbon monoxide poisoning. Call us at 281-970-5200 or contact us online about installing a carbon monoxide detector today in your home or office.

Need HVAC Service?

Contact the experts at A-Plus Mechanical.

Call us at 281-970-5200!

We Service All Brands

We service all brands.

We Service All Brands

We service all brands.

What Are You Waiting For?
Contact A-Plus Mechanical Today!

What Are You Waiting For?
Contact A-Plus Mechanical Today!